Thursday, April 23, 2009

Music Experience

So I have totally diverted away from my original intention of what my blog was supposed to be about. Not that it is a bad thing, but there is just so much good music out there that not enough people know about, myself included, and the best way for people to find out about new bands is NOT the radio, but word of mouth. So I will try every couple days to put up mini posts of a band/group/entertainer that I really like and write a tid bit about why, along with recommend some songs to start with.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy and will share your wealth of knowledge as well.

To start I think it is only just that I go with the Disco Biscuits, as they have been rocking my world for a couple years now and I can just never seem to get enough... but that just goes for music in general too.

About the Disco Biscuits: they fall into the 'jam band' category somewhat, but at the same time not at all. They bring thick bass lines, and some wicked fast guitar riffs. If you have ever seen a real DJ perform, not some lame ass Disc Jockey that only mixes songs, you understand the concept of peaking during shows and coming down. This is what Disco does, but with a FULL band. There music sounds electronic because of the intensity they bring to it, but just like that they know how to mellow out and give the crowd a breather. Listening to these guys is tough if you have never seen them live, or do not enjoy dance parties because thats what it is.

I suggest http://www.archive.org/details/db2009-02-08.at4041 you can copy paste the link and you can listen by streaming or downloading. This is a show I saw @ HoB Dallas, there are plenty of other awsome shows too on archive.org, just have to look around a bit.

Some killer songs by them: Caterpillar, Highwire, Rock Candy, etc. I could go on for ever about them. I also suggest youtubing them as they have amazing light shows, and it is just awsome to see the crowd going nuts, and Marc Brownstein (the bassist) has the most incredible power stance ever... he can THROW the funk down on the bass and for that THANK YOU MARC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment