Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In the begining

Having sat around for countless hours through my life reading news, opinions and ideas I have decided it has come time for me to donate my own time and efforts to the interweb, and hopefully bring some new ideas and thoughts to the world. In the first couple of installments I have already thought of writing, "Losing is Winning in the USA" and also a piece on the Arts, more specifically the performing arts, and how we can begin to educate kids at a younger age to be more creative and to not be held down by the barriers of 'Music' class or 'drama' etc.

We will see how the Performing Arts piece goes, it may end up being more of a 'work in progress,' but I hope to attack ideas about culture within the USA and abroad, music - everything from shows ive been to through how I have come to where I am in music and how important it has become to/for me. Music has become an integral part of my life and all my friends could tell you that, but I would be the first to tell you I dont really know anything. Hopefully what knowledge I have can be dispelled upon the young kids and it will not take them 20 years to find out that beautiful music can come from Led Zepplin, String Cheese, Bob Marley, Disco Biscuits, Pavaratti, etc. one in the same.

As I have grown as a person I hope this blog will do the same and eventually find a niche of some sort instead of just my own thoughts... but that in its self may end up being a niche.

BAM!!! there it is first post

PS: my original idea was to coordinate with several friends of similar views and ideas, and I hope to still be able to do that... just not sure how these blog things work for multi ppl. so if your interested let me know I think it would be awsome if we could get a group of friends to share random thoughts with.

3 comments:

  1. i'm on board.. school me in the beauty of the music world oh wise one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta have regular posts about drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinking!! great idea, now if i can only remember those times a lil better

    ReplyDelete