Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So Fresh and Clean, Clean


So I needed to get myself a new pair of indoor soccer shoes, because after almost 2years the pair I began using with 'The Pink Pony Exeperience,' then 'Blue Magic,' and 'Hobgoblins' are just about to fall apart. Just makes sense to get a new pair right? I mean I have been holding off for quite some time, TWO YEARS!!! I have friends on my teams that cant make it 6months without going through a pair. So I gave in and went to Academy Sports or Sports Authority (movement to make competitors have DISTINCTLY different names pls!!). Whatever, they had three pairs there. The old school Adidas Sambas, which I didnt know were still in production, and then two pairs of Nikes which looked pretty hideous. I'll wear a pink jersey, pink socks, lady bug headbands so I think its pretty telling when even I cant even bare to look at something.

After quickly nixing the idea of buying the old skool sambas I decided to venture around and see if anything caught my eye. I have been desperately needing new pairs of running shorts, with my new found love to go sweat a lot after work. Meandering around the shoes I came across a pair of Nike's that looked pretty sweet. They were the first pair of Nikes that I had honestly looked at and thought I would buy in maybe five years or so, probably longer. I have been an adidas kind of guy ever since soccer, and my nike bball shoes always seemed to come apart in middle school. (DAMN! that was a long time ago) Then I look RIGHT next to that pair and see the exact same. I thought weird, they must have made a mistake. So I further investigated, weird the shoes were basically the same except one pair had larger 'breathing' holes or whatever the hell you want to call them, and so of course NIKE had to make one pair $20 more expenisve.

PASS! I'm not buying a pair of shoes that can get mistaken for two different kinds, lame! Go a little further down and BAM! There they are the Nike Air Twilights. Immediately I thought they looked pretty sharp and it took me a bit to get comfortable to them, not used to the black... but I can adjust, I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff. So there they were my new FRESH pair of kicks for the summer.

When I got home I was showing them off to everyone, haha. They are still in the GREEN box, yes GREEN, for some reason that is really cool to me. So ya, I'm pumped I laced them up with red shoelaces, that came with them. Matches the red Nike symbol and red soles. Now I just need to make sure I can keep them clean when I go out. But that will have to wait, not gonna risk the new kicks with the terrible weather we have been having, just not worth it.

So if you are feeling like you need a little flare in your life, maybe some spice, has life gotten boring? Go find yourself a new pair of kicks!!! Puma, Adidas, Nike whatever they all make some really cool ones. Enough with the basic stuff though, i mean come on people lets get some different styles going on... switch up the colors. They may look way too out of control at first, but I have learned two things 1) they are much less noticeable when you wear pants, which is most of the time when you go out, and 2) after a few times of wearing them the shine wears off and they arent as attention grabbing.

Go forth and stimulate the economy and your wardrobe!!!

and yes i realize this is a little vain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment