Monday, May 18, 2009

Musical Journey

This weekend began possibly the most intense run of music in my life, and I cannot be more excited as the days get closer and closer. I went out with some friends on my soccer team Saturday night to go check out a band I have heard much about, but never seen, the Spazmatics. They are an 80's cover band and dress like they are fresh out of the movie 'Revenge of the Nerds.' Took a few drinks, but soon I was jumpin around and bustin a sweet move or five on the dancefloor, while the Spazmatics rocked out to all sorts of tunes. From here we go to Austin on May 23rd for Memorila Day weekend. I have a friend driving in from Cali and two flying in from NYC. All four of us went to American together and are gonna take Austin by storm. There isnt anything planned, but no doubt there will be some live music in my face at some point, as we all love it!!!

The weekend after that I am going to Red Rocks, which is apparently one of the most magnificent venues in the world, or atleast the states to see live music. On top of that I am getting to see one of my favorites in the Disco Biscuits along with Lotus, The New Deal, Paul Oakenfold, and more. It has been a while since I have been to an outdoor concert and much longer since I have been to a show with so much hype built up before it. The band itself is hyping up the Red Rocks show as one of the THROW DOWNS of the summer. It is called Bisco Inferno, so enough said!

The following weekend comes Wakarusa where its all about the camping and roughing it. Shoudl be a blast. Get to meet all sorts of new friends, see awesome music that until that moment you had no idea existed and best of all, do what ever the hell you want!!! I have never been to Waka, just to Bonarroo, they are similar so I feel prepared. This year though Waka is in Ozark, Ak, where it is apparently beautiful and so much nature. This I am not ready for, but really pumped to experience.

What I am hoping to accomplish is to actually become a vision of my past. I have been having a lot time to think to myself finally I think it is time for me to move on. Not exactly sure how, but that what the time out on the road is for, talking to and making new friends and best of all just becoming one with yourself and acknowledging that for what it is. There is so much I want to do with my self, but often feel tied down... its a terrible feeling... lets hope together that I can break the bands that restrict me over these next weeks, and I will keep you posted on how all that goes

one!

No comments:

Post a Comment