Saturday, August 8, 2009

The World... According to Americans.

A couple months back, one of my fist posts I believe, I wrote about how Americans do not understand the concept of being told no. We grow up with our parents telling us that we can become president do whatever we want; however, its said with such ease that it takes away from the concept of how hard some people work to achieve their dreams. I am brought back to this topic because of recent tragedy in Pittsburgh, man kills three in gym.

After reading this article it is so sad to see that a man seriously took out all his inadequacies on everyone else. How can someone be so sick in the head that they dont realize that something is wrong with them, not with the thousand of people who they have had social interaction with. Hell my life would so much easier if I could blame my neighbors for my lawn not getting mowed, or if I was pissed at the kid next to me for not getting me better grades in school, or pissed at my college because I'm not making $100,000 like some stupid bitch is. Seriously, there is a girl suing her college because she doesnt have a job. Like the job was supposed to just be waiting there for her, just the way your dog waits for you to get home.

Humans are not perfect, nobody is perfect, yet some people fail to recognize they have any flaws. Is this the parents fault? I dont know, but its taking its toll on the public. Columbine, Virginia Tech, this Gym, I am sure there are thousands maybe millions of other examples, but these are the easiest to come up with. If as a race we want to last and go to places we would have never thought, we will have to learn how to deal with rejection. That's how it goes. The world is not there to deliver all that you would like, i.e. a girlfriend, without hardwork. Maybe you need to find a girl with similar intrests, that can be tough, but she has to be out there, so work at it. Maybe girls get turned off by you because of what you look like, how you act, or something else. Well, instead of killing someone over it go work out, go make friends and learn to interact, and most importantly use these things a guide/lesson to help you become a better person, not to ruin hundreds of peoples lives in just an instant. Yes only 3 people died, but those three people had family, friends, and co-workers who counted on them and now they have been taken away from them with no explanaiton, which can be the hardest part of coping with a death.

For the sake of the general public, AMERICA I implore you please learn to see your own faults instead of blaming everything on everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I do agree that people need to recognize their own faults however it has nothing to do with being American. These incidents take place world wide look at the middle east conflicts or the Irish civil war, the Spanish train bombings, the subway bombings in London. Too often than not I feel like you point these flaws out as being uniquely American when in fact they are truly ubiquitous worldwide. Now something like obesity or credit crisis can' be truly described as a unique American problem.

    ReplyDelete