Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer Time!!

Time to shed the layers and get ready for the POOL!!! O my am I so pumped up to go swimming today. Moreover, I am pumped to go to Wakarusa for the second year in a row. This year I am going with my little brother Henri, who came to Bonnaroo with me as well in 2008. There is just something about going to festivals that is magical. Recently my friend Jenna went to her first, New Orleans Jazz fest, she got to see MMJ and Better than Ezra. When she came back to reality, aka Dallas, she just couldnt keep it in about how much fun she had, how nice the people were, and the pure joy that everyone is experiencing.

On top of all the amazing people that will attend Wakarusa some of the best bands out there will be jamming out. Disco Biscuits, STS9, EOTO, Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic, etc etc. The list goes on forever. What you can count on is that nothing is strange. People wear costumes, shave heads, dye hair, paint themselves, walk around half naked, on and on.

My favorite of all though is the dancing. People are just dancing all over the place, in their own way, however the music is moving them. Me personally I stomp around, people move the hell out of the way, and vaboom! I have my own area to kick it without all the elbows and little kids asking me to hookem up.

To all those going to Wakarusa, see you soon! To all those that have never been to a festival, start with ACL, SXSW or Jazz Fest. That way you dont have to deal with camping, and all the 'weirdos' walking around.

be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment